Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Blanket

I've been trying to think of what I could make for Caylee, my soon to be born niece. After some thought I decided to make a security blanket. I made it so that it's a perfect size to take along in case it's cold in a restaurant. She's going to still be small in the summer and as we all know when it's hot out it's freezing indoors. So, it thought it would get put to good use. I also thought it's something that Caylee might want to keep for a long time. I still have my 2 blankies and have used them for my own children. Who knows, it's wishful thinking but I hope she likes it. I know... She's wn't even know but sometimes babies become attached to some things, maybe it will be this blanket. I tend to be sentimental.

So how I did it was I bought quilted fabric a little larger than I needed. I also bought some satin fabric, which a blanket can not be with out, in my opinion :). For the tabs I cut strips of the quilted fabric and kept two squares together. I also cut the same size strips of the white and pink fabric. I sewed them together and left one side open so that it could be turned right side out. Then with the quilted fabric lying right sides together, I put the tabs in between those pieces facing in so that when it is turned right side out the tabs will be visable. Then I pinned then in place and sewed the two sides of the blanket together leaving a small hole to be able to turn it right side out. This all might sound confusing so if I make another one I'll take a photo journal of it.

No comments: