Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Yet Another Post

I know I've been posting a lot so hopefully I'm not overwhelming you with our life but I do have more to update on.

Tuesday night our friends Jeff and Emily came to stay with us for a few days after moving out of their apartment. This coming Monday we will be bringing them to the airport and saying our farewells. They will be moving to a town near San Diego, CA so that Jeff can do his graduate work at Westminster Seminary. We will miss them very much. They are a part of our family and have been great friends to us. Thankfully it's not a goodbye forever and we know that we will always have their friendship.

They are going there with faith that God needs them there right now. Neither have jobs set up but they are working on it. Please pray that their financial needs will be met. Thankfully, God has blessed them with an apartment there so they won't have to worry about that when they arrive. Also, please pray that they will arrive safely and that Emily's father has a safe trip driving their packed moving truck from here and to their new home.

Last night we enjoyed oursleves while having Drew's family and Jeff and Emily here. We ate delicious chicken and beef kabobs and tasted flavored wine that was brought back from Tennessee. Mmm Mmm good.


Just before being cooked.

Jeff, Emily, Drew's Dad, Drew and myself all worked together to get these done. We used red, green and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, onions, pineapple, and the seasoned meat. Very good. I would suggest this to others. Tonight we are going to try to make a chicken bruschetta dish. We'll see how that works out. FYI, the best bruschetta that I have found is in Giants deli section. Yum Yum. Even better than Olive Garden's :) and I LOVE Olive Garden.

Update on Grandma. I just called my uncle. He said that she will be in the hospital until Monday. The reason being is that the blood thinners are causing problems with her heart and lungs. The results came back from the lymph node biopsy and they were clear so that is really good news. That means that they most likely got all of the cancer. Right now she is in the critical
care unit because of a medication that they have her on. Once she is off of that med she will be moved to a different floor. I tried calling her room but she could have been out for a test or maybe just sleeping. Hopefully I'll be able to talk to her again soon.

Thanks again for all of your prayers.

No comments: