Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Surprises

Alright, now as for the surprises that Drew had for me when I got home. I had no idea that anything w as going on at home while I was gone.

Big surprise number 1: As soon as we pulled up to the house I saw one surprise. He had painted the outside of the house. For anyone who hasn't seen it before it was the color green. It was kind of a mint green I guess. Well a while ago Drew and I had picked out colors for the house that we would like. We decided on a light gray with white or black trim. It's now pained and instead of it looking gray it looks white, well, at least at certain times of the day. That stinks but it's growing on me. I appreciate the time that he and his family spent on it and how hard they worked to get it done before I got home.

BeforeAfter

Big surprise number 2: I walked inside and again I noticed right away. The entry that we use mostly is through a room that we have been calling the pantry. It used to be a storage room but we then totally remodeled it to hold the fridge and some cabinets. For almost 2 years now that room has never been finished. The cabinets were in there but not put up. We also didn't have a counter for in there. So Drew designed the room, moved the fridge, put up the cabinets, repainted the walls and ceiling, put the trim up, picked out and installed new lights, installed new doorbell, and made the counter top, all while I was gone. Everything is beautiful. Again, he had a lot of help so if you are reading this and you helped, thank you. It looks beautiful. When you look at the photos that i have of this room just know that we are not winos. There is only one wine that I really like, Bartenuras Moscato.






Little surprises: He finished the caulking around the base of the bathtub and prepared the wall for trim to be put up in the bathroom.

Thank you Drew and everyone else that helped. The house is beautiful. I was very surprised!

1 comment:

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

THose pics look great! It could've been an episode on HGTV! Nice work, Drew! What a fun surprise!