Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fall Air

I love this time of year. The smell of the leaves changing, the fall colors, the crisp air, the fireplaces burning and many other things make this time of year my favorite.

I'm looking forward to the holidays partially. I love spending time with our families but this will be our first year that we'll have to pick one side over the other. Every other year we just drove the 2 hours to get to the other to spend the rest of the day with them. We have decided that it would be best to not split the actual holiday in half but to split the weekend or week in half. So, Thanksgiving day is with my family, Christmas day is with Drew's family and then New years with mine. I know family members will be disappointed that we won't be with them on the actual holiday and that is very hard on me but I truly believe the arrangement we have made makes the most sense for our family. Between the fall and the holidays they really make this time of year my favorite.

Now off topic a little. I want to just update on Hannah briefly. The last weight check was very good. She weighed 15 pounds 8 ounces. Even though she ate about an hour just before checking her weight it still means that she has gained weight. A huge praise. Also we had her test done for Cystic Fibrosis and it came back negative. Another HUGE praise. We will be taking her for a second opinion next week. The reason is because her current GI doctor missed a big piece of her celiac test. Even though I made sure he knew that she wasn't eating gluten he ordered the tests which require gluten in her diet. We almost put her through a biopsy of her intestines which would mean putting her under and the test would have came back either normal or inconclusive. That mistake doesn't instill confidence in his skills at all. This time we are taking her to the Pittsburgh Children's Hospital. That's where she had the CF test done and it seemed like a very nice place. That's about all we know so far. She eats up to 1100 calories on some days and is a very happy and loving baby. Please continue to pray for our precious little girl.

No comments: